Some would say that there is never is a right time. More often than not, that thing called life gets in the way. The reason varies for every individual. It can seem a Herculean effort even to get the time to ring up or check out a course you might be interested in.
Time can be the enemy of us all in today’s fast paced world. You may have genuine reasons why you are reluctant or unwilling to return to study. As a builder, carpenter, bricklayer or any of the other occupations within the building and construction industry, perhaps school wasn’t your thing, you never liked school and couldn’t wait to get out of the classroom and that the old 3 Rs (Reading, (W)riting, and (A)rithmetic) seemed like a foreign language to you. You may have realised that you learnt things much better by doing rather than by sitting in a stuffy classroom listening to a teacher waffle on.
Everyone has their own way of learning and retaining information.
1. Visual (spatial): You prefer using pictures, images, and spatial understanding.
2. Aural (auditory-musical): You prefer using sound and music.
3. Verbal (linguistic): You prefer using words, both in speech and writing.
4. Physical (kinaesthetic): You prefer using your body, hands and sense of touch.
5. Logical (mathematical): You prefer using logic, reasoning and systems.
Or it may be that English is not your first language or you may have migrated from a country which did not offer the same educational opportunities as here in Australia.
Whatever your background, you are wanting to expand your business and to become successful and registered as a building practitioner. The Victorian Building Authority (VBA) has suggested that you undertake some study and have plenty of work experience in the industry.
A Certificate IV Building and Construction (Building) is a great way to help you gain the knowledge and skills to be able to successfully navigate the VBA’s testing and interview processes.
After talking to your workmates or doing some research you discover that Master Builders provides this training and you sign up to attend. It’s been a long time between drinks (or being in a classroom) and with some nerves you step back in for your first class.
But fear not. Even though it might seem like a strange environment, there are several things in your favour:
1. Your fellow classmates are all there with enormous amounts of experience in the industry, just like you, and the shared experiences and discussions in class will help you enormously.
2. Master Builders trainers are highly knowledgeable, experienced, and committed to helping you achieve your goals.
3. The fantastic Training Department at Master Builders is extremely customer focussed and committed to helping students to succeed.
4. Master Builders can also provide quality study advice and training support to ensure you are best prepared to get the most out of your course. This includes that extra bit of personalised help that can be pivotal in helping you work through your assessment tasks.
Our training support is an invaluable resource that you can call upon to help you ‘get back in the saddle’ and turn your old high school nightmares into a distant memory.
We won’t hand over the certificate to you, you still have to put in the hard yards, but Master Builders will be with you every step of the way.
So don’t let memories of long past school years hold you back. Make sure you do the training that will best help your business by visiting www.mbavtraining.com.au or if speak to our friendly team today on (03) 9411 4555.
Master Builders Victoria submission in response to..
The submission was based on feedback received from our sector committees, member engagement online workshop, and member survey.
Call to action: Master Builders Victoria seeks your..
Master Builders Victoria seeks feedback from members on how mandatory Continuing Professional Development should be introduced.