Eased Restrictions in metro Melbourne and regional Victoria - effective from 11:59 pm Thursday 17 June 2021:
- Cleaning, signage, record keeping, and other COVIDSafe requirements continue to apply for onsite operations as per the Workplace Directions.
- The Density Quotient (DQ) applies to all spaces that are accessible to the public (and in closed workplaces and shared spaces such as lunchrooms).
- If you can work from home, you should continue to work from home.
- Face coverings:
- Must be carried at all times
- Must be worn indoors except if at home, or if an exception applies
- Recommended to be worn outdoors where 1.5 metres physical distancing cannot be maintained
Are there restrictions to travel throughout Victoria?
- No, the 25km travel restrictions for Metropolitan Melbourne are no longer applicable.
- No, the restrictions to and from Metropolitan Melbourne and Regional Victoria are no longer applicable.
To read today’s statement from the acting Premier James Merlino MP click here.
The State Government has confirmed that it intends to move to compulsory QR check-ins for all workplaces, with some limited exceptions. The recent outbreak saw a large number of cases in office settings, and to further improve our State’s capacity to respond the State Government is seeking to move all organisations to its QR code service. In preperation, we strongly reccommend that members register and start using the government QR code service. More information on the QR code can be found here.
Please ensure your business is up to date with (Revision 13) of the Victorian Building and Construction Industry Coronavirus (COVID-19) Agreed Guidelines.
Please view below our COVID-19 resources. If you need further assistance with documents, please call us on (03) 9411 4555 to get member advice.
Click here for a copy of the COVIDSafe Plan for the building and construction industry.
Infection control for the building and construction industry – Free Online workshop
Based on the COVID-19 Guidelines for the Building and Construction Industry Victoria, Master Builders Victoria has developed a non-accredited, e-learning training program on infection control. This engaging two-hour online program is contextualised for those working in the building and construction industry. To learn more and to complete the online workshop, click here.
COVIDSafe Worksite Resources
Culturally and linguistically diverse posters: Leadership organisations in Victoria’s building, development and construction industry have collaborated on COVIDSafe communication materials tailored to reach the industry’s culturally and linguistically diverse people. Click here to access resources developed in 16 different languages.
Best practice on site: Click here to review the COVID-19 Industry Best Practice on Site poster developed by the Victoria Building & Construction Indsutry Taskforce.
COVID-19 News & Updates
Click here for the latest COVID-19 news and updates from Master Builders Victoria.
WorkSafe - Construction COVID Response
Click here to download the data from from 4 February 2020 to 4 June 2021.