Please note that there are some additional requirements as part of these lifted restrictions:
• Masks are to be worn indoors, and outdoors when 1.5 metre physical distance cannot be maintained
• Offices can operate at 50% capacity
• Private household gatherings limited to 5 people
• Further restrictions on entertainment and indoor gatherings apply
• Some restrictions on hospitals and aged care
Full details of these requirements can be read here
All building and construction worksites can open back up at 100% capacity as of 11:59pm tonight. Members can prepare to be back on site on Thursday, as had been allowed prior to the circuit breaker lockdown. This applies to the whole of Victoria and all sectors of the industry (large and small scale, development, manufacturing and supply). It also includes display homes, land sales offices and display suites.
As outlined in last night’s bulletin, Master Builders Victoria has been working relentlessly to represent our industry since rumours of a lockdown emerged last week. This effort, and the strong support our members have provided over the last 5 days has played a major part in getting us all back to work from tomorrow.
There are some important things to note before we go back:
• Version 10 of the industry guidelines that were released yesterday still apply and are intended to take effect immediately
• Masks are required to be worn indoors and outdoors when 1.5 metre physical distance cannot be maintained. Masks must be carried on workers at all times
• As we’ve seen over the last week, safety in the community is still crucial to our sector’s ongoing operation. Everyone must remain vigilant and observe all the safety measures that have been practiced throughout 2020
• Please make sure your workers are aware of all the exposure sites, updated regularly on these, and get tested and isolate if relevant. Exposure sites can be viewed here
• Make sure you have a COVIDSafe plan, check the latest industry guidelines here and our COVID-19 resources page here
The NSW border remains open to Victorians, so from 11:59pm tonight, workers will be able to cross the border for work, from either side of it. This reverts back to what had been in place prior to 11:59pm Friday 12 February, 2021.
From 11:59pm on Sunday 6 December, 2020 Victoria moves to COVIDSafe Summer restrictions. This means the previous classifications of small-scale, large-scale construction and early stage land development no longer apply. All areas of the building and construction industry can be open at full capacity if they are operating with a COVIDSafe plan.
The ability for our industry to stay open at full capacity will depend on the proactive safety measures we take.
It is important that each of these items is understood and complied with:
MBV strongly suggests displaying a set of COVID Safe industry posters on-site and social media tiles on any social media pages that can be accessed here. These posters and tiles have also been translated and contextualised into 15 languages other than English. Posting theses in all relevant languages for your workforce will assist our industry in making sure everyone gets the right message.
Master Builders Victoria members are invited to contact Master Builders Victoria on (03) 9411 4555 if you have any additional questions.