Master Builders Victoria (MBV) is seeking feedback from members on how mandatory Continuing Professional Development should be introduced.
You are invited to attend an online member engagement workshop on Wednesday 15 July from 9:00am – 10:30am.
We would like to hear your views on issues including:
- How the framework should be introduced
- Whether there are certain topics you’d like covered
- Whether any topics should be mandatory
- How you believe the CPD training should be delivered.
Places are limited. If you or someone in your team would like to attend please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not able to attend this CPD member engagement workshop but would like to contribute your views, we ask that you take five minutes to complete our survey below.
About the survey
The purpose of the survey and workshop is to seek feedback on how a CPD framework would best be introduced to improve the quality of building and plumbing work carried out by practitioners.
The Department of Environment, Water, Land and Planning (DELWP) has identified three options:
- Maintain the status quo. This option would not introduce any mandatory CPD requirements for building and plumbing practitioners. Practitioners may continue to voluntarily participate in CPD provided by their industry association or other means.
- Introduce mandatory CPD with no compulsory subjects. This option would introduce mandatory CPD for all building and plumbing practitioners but would allow subjects to be selected by practitioners based on self-identified learning needs.
- Introduce mandatory CPD and require practitioners to undertake a mixture of compulsory and non-compulsory subjects. This option would introduce mandatory CPD for all building and plumbing practitioners and prescribe some compulsory CPD subjects.
Based on initial responses from our members, MBV proposes to support Option 3. This is based on MBV’s position of encouraging excellence, high industry standards and consumer confidence, while providing engaging and relevant CPD training for practitioners.
We intend to recommend the need for flexibility of requirements for different categories of registration plus reasonable scope with mandatory subjects.
We look forward to your feedback and guidance.
Click here to complete the survey.