The Fair Work Commission (FWC) has decided to increase wages for some workers.
The increase benefits workers who are paid at the national minimum wage rate, or the minimum rates set under a modern award. Increases will be as follows:
- 5.2% for workers on the national minimum wage
- 4.6% for workers paid at rates set by a modern award (subject to a minimum increase of $40 If the worker is paid below $869.60 per week)
For our industry, these increases will take effect from the first full pay period commencing on or after 1 July 2022.
While there is no immediate action required now, you may need to update payroll for any workers that are paid at minimum wage rates. For any workers already paid above these increased minimum rates, you are not required to take further action.
We understand that many members rely on our wage bulletins. We are in the process of updating our wage bulletins in line with the increases set by the FWC. These include wage bulletins for:
- Building and Construction General On-site Award 2020
- Joinery and Building Trades Award 2020
- Clerks – Private Sector Award 2020
If you would like to be added to our mail list for these wage bulletins, please email us using the relevant link above. Once finalised, we will send you an email with the updated wage bulletin. We will also share the updated wage bulletins via our newsletters.
Should you have any questions, please contact our EIR team on (03) 9411 4555.