WorkSafe has released its latest COVID response data (1 February, 2020 to 31 March, 2021), breaking down the number of COVID-related visits to worksites and the most common observations.
- 5,047 visits were conducted statewide, with a focus on the areas most impacted by COVID.
- 198 improvement notices were issued.
- House Construction, Non-Residential Building Construction, Other Residential Building Construction and Site Preparation Services received the most visits and notices.
- The most common themes observed by WorkSafe were:
- No or inadequate COVIDSafe Plan
- No or inadequate wearing of appropriate face cover/mask/PPE
- Failure to provide information, instruction and training for employees in relation to the risks associated with COVID-19 at the workplace
- Not complying with applicable density quotient for the workplace
Remember, the ability for our industry to stay open at full capacity depends on the proactive safety measures we take.
And if you are in any way unsure of your COVID safety obligations, remember members have access to free advice from MBV OHS advisors who are always ready to help.
Call (03) 9411 4555 or email [email protected].