WorkSafe Victoria has released its latest COVID-19 Response figures for the building and construction industry for the period 4 February 2020 to 8 May 2021.
There have been 5,448 COVID-related primary visits, of which just over half were proactive visits (2,936) and the balance response to visits (2.512).
From those visits, 223 COVID notices were issued, comprised of 222 improvement notices and one prohibition notice. 28 contraventions were remedied at the time of inspection.
The give most observed themes during these visits were:
- No or inadequate COVIDSafe Plan
- No or inadequate wearing of appropriate face coverings/masks/PPE
- Employer failure to provide adequate cleaning
- Failure to provide information, instruction, and training for employees in relation to the risks associated with COVID-19 at the workplace
- Employer failure to provide sufficient signate
- Failure to keep adequate records
Remember, the ability of our industry to stay open at full capacity depends on the proactive safety measures we take.
And if you are in any way unsure of your COVID safety obligations, remember members have access to free advice from MBV OHS advisors who are always ready to help.
Call (03) 9411 4555 or email MBAssist@mbav.com.au.