With further COVID-19 cases recorded in Greater Sydney today, the Victorian Government has updated its response.
- There will be a 'hard border' for anyone who has spent time in Greater Sydney or the NSW Central Coast.
- This means that as of midnight tonight (11:59 pm 20 December 2020) residents from Greater Sydney or the NSW Central Coast will need to go into hotel quarantine for 14 days
- If a Victorian resident is returning from Greater Sydney or the NSW Central Coast, they have until 11:59 pm 21 December to return to Victoria and will go into home quarantine until they receive test results.
Border region communities
- For members and workers in border region communities, there will be checkpoints across the Victoria/NSW border from 11:59 pm 20 December
- Please be aware that there could be major road delays at these checkpoints
- Residents of border region communities that need to cross the border will need to provide their driver licence with their residency to prove their eligibility
- We are awaiting more information on whether the permit system will also apply after midnight today for border region residents, to be safe we'd advise all members and workers crossing the border to also apply for a permit here.