The Victorian Government announced a number of updates on restrictions last night after the positive COVID-19 test of a hotel quarantine worker.
As of 11:59pm 3 February, 2021 (last night):
- The limit on the number of people gathering in a household will be reduced from 30 to 15, meaning the household members plus 15 visitors (excluding children under 12 months of age).
- Masks will be mandatory in public indoor spaces. If you have visitors in your home, it is strongly recommended that masks are worn during the visit. Masks must be worn in indoor public spaces apart from when eating or drinking. If you are planning to leave your home – take a mask.
- The 75 per cent ‘return to work’ cap in both public and private sectors recently announced and scheduled for Monday 8 February will be paused and the current cap of 50% will remain in place.
Upon these changes our advice to members is that:
- Masks should be worn in all indoor spaces, including offices and site offices. Masks should also be worn whenever 1.5 metres physical distance cannot be maintained indoor and outdoor. Masks should be carried by all workers at all times.
- Offices to remain at 50% until further notice
- Communicate the current exposure sites with your workers and ensure that anyone who has visited the following exposure sites is tested and isolates for 14 days before returning to the worksite or office.
Exposure sites as at 1:30am 4 February, 2021:
- North Point Café, 2B North Rd, Brighton 08:10-09:30 31/1/2021
- Kmart, Brandon Park Shopping Centre, Cnr Springvale RD and Ferntree Gully Rd, Brandon Park 16:35-17:10 31/1/2021
- Nakama Workshop, 85 Main Rd, Clayton South 11:15-12:00 1/2/2021
- Melbourne Golf Academy, 385 Centre Dandenong Rd, Heatherton 17:19-18:35 1/2/2021
- Aces Sporting Club (Driving Range), Cnr Springvale Rd and Hutton Rd, Keysborough 22:00-23:15 30/1/2021
- Kmart, Parkmore Keysborough Shopping Centre, C/317 Cheltenham Road, Keysborough 16:00-17:00 31/1/2021
- Exford Hotel, 199 Russell Street, Melbourne 23:00-23:35 29/1/2021
- Lululemon, DFO Moorabbin Shop G-039/250 Centre Dandenong Rd, Moorabbin 17:00-17:45 1/2/2021
- Club Noble, 46/56 Moodemere St, Noble Park 14:36-15:30 30/1/2021
- Bunnings Springvale, 849 Princes Highway, Springvale 11:30-12:15 1/2/2021
- Coles Springvale, 825 Dandenong Rd, Springvale 17:00-18:00 31/1/2021
- Shareeta Springvale, 27C Buckingham Ave, Springvale 18:50-19:30 1/2/2021
- Woolworths Springvale, 302 Springvale Rd, Springvale Rd, Springvale 18:30-19:30 1/2/2021
- Kebab Kingz, 438 Spencer Street, West Melbourne 23:24-00:15 29/1/2021
Make sure all workers are aware of these sites and get tested and isolate for 14 days if they’ve attended at these times. If anyone is feeling any symptoms, even if they haven’t attended the sites above, please urge them to get tested as soon as possible and isolate until they receive a result.
For information on where to get tested see here.
It is expected more exposure sites will be listed in the coming days, we will continue to update, but you can check here for a full list at any time.