The Victorian Government today announced an easing of restrictions in Regional Victoria as of 11:59pm 16 September 2020.
As our industry is already in the ‘Open with COVIDSafe Plan’ stage, there are only minimal changes that relate to building and construction. However, the safety principles that our sector has been maintaining must continue.
The major change of relevance to our industry is that outdoor auctions will now be allowed for a maximum of 10 people.
Display homes and real estate inspections will continue to be by appointment only. Master Builders Victoria continues to engage with government on your behalf about the importance of re-opening display homes.
The changes today relate more to socialising and hospitality in regional areas; this includes:
- There are no longer only four reasons to leave your house
- Hospitality opens with distancing, number caps and safety rules for indoor and outdoor
- Social gathering limits increase to 10 maximum outdoors, and 5 maximum indoors from one family
- Tourist accommodation will open in regional Victoria for people who live within regional Victoria only
- Community sport will return for children; non-contact only for adults.
The boundaries of Regional Victoria and Metropolitan Melbourne have not changed.
Read the full information about today’s changes for Regional Victoria.