The government today released its workplace directions and a set of FAQs related to return of the industry to full capacity in Metropolitan Melbourne from today. Below we have listed links to those and other information you’ll likely need for the move to full capacity – COVIDSafe Plan information, Stay Safe Directions and worker permits for Metropolitan Melbourne workers travelling to Regional Victoria for work.
- The Workplace Directions (No 8) can be accessed here; they set out the rules for our return
- Stay Safe Directions are here (Note, these replace the previously named 'Stay at Home Directions')
- Metro-Regional Work Travel Permit Scheme Directions are here
- Permits for Metropolitan Melbourne workers traveling to Regional Victoria can be accessed here
- You need a COVIDSafe plan to operate under the easing of restrictions – you can access information here
- The FAQs can be read in full here. They address further questions relating to easing of restrictions. While most are consistent with previous advice, below are some key take-outs from these documents that we would like to flag with members, on which we are seeking government clarification.
Members should note that as Building and Construction industry is no longer deemed high risk, the Workplace (Additional Industry Obligations) no longer apply. The latest version (No 10) with our industry references removed can be found here.
An earlier version of the FAQs stated that if other apartments within a building are occupied then renovations would not be permitted. Master Builders Victoria raised this with government this morning and it has now been changed. Renovations of apartments can take place as with other renovations, provided a physical barrier exists between work and those occupying the house.
We are actively engaging with government on a number of remaining questions, which include:
- Further opening of display homes
- Requirements for a physical barrier when conducting a renovation
- Updating the roadmap documentation for our industry.
We will provide more information on these items as soon as we receive it.