The Victorian government has announced $250 million in funding to support businesses that hire eligible job seekers.
If you’ve employed new team members on or after 16 March 2021, you may be eligible for up to $20,000 in funding to cover the cost of taking them on.
To be eligible for the subsidy, you need to employ someone on a fixed-term or permanent basis for at least 12 months, and they must come from at least one of the priority groups.
The priority groups outlined by the state government focus on individuals who have been disproportionally affected by the impacts of COVID. They include:
- women aged over 45 years
- jobseekers who are long-term unemployed (unemployed for six months or more)
- jobseekers registered with a Jobs Victoria partner
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- people with disability
- people seeking asylum/refugees
- newly arrived migrants from non-English speaking backgrounds
- young people aged under 25
- people over 45 years
- people previously employed under the Working for Victoria initiative.
For more information and to take the eligibility questionnaire, visit Jobs Victoria.
And did you know you can now advertise your available jobs here, on the Master Builders Victoria website?
The MBV Careers Hub is designed to connect those looking for an opportunity in the building and construction industry with Master Builders members.
Job ads are free for members! Simply login into your account to submit.