Tenders for construction have been put out as part of a $491.6 million investment to build 10 of the 13 new schools.
The 10 schools, currently known by their interim names, include:
- CammsRoad Primary School – Cranbourne West
- Hayes Hill Primary School – Donnybrook
- Holyoake Primary School – Manor Lakes
- Lollypop Creek Primary School – Werribee
- Merrifield West Secondary School – Mickleham
- Officer Rix Road Primary School – Officer
- Riverdale East Primary School – Tarneit
- Rockbank Murray Road Primary School – Thornhill Park
- Tarneit MissenHouse Primary School – Tarneit
- Wollert West Primary School – Wollert
Also included in the 13 schools for 2023 are:
- A new campus for North Melbourne Primary School, which has already had a builder appointed, being Hansen Yuncken. Construction on the Molesworth Street site is due to start this year.
- Wollert East Secondary School in Wollert, which has already gone to tender and had ADCO appointed the builder
- Mount Ridley Special School in Craigieburn, which will have a builder appointed later in the year.
Camms Road and Wollert West primary schools, which will include early learning centres on site, have been designed as Supported Inclusion Schools, providing accessible and inclusive education for all students.
These schools include a greater emphasis on supporting students with disabilities to access specialist infrastructure and teaching expertise to ensure all Victorian children can attend a great local school.