Green Living for Consumers
Why choose a Master Builders Green Living builder?
Master Builders Green Living Builders
are Master Builder members who have given up two days of their work time and have paid to complete a training course to improve their ability to build more sustainable homes for their clients.
- Project planning
- Passive solar efficient design considerations
- On site management – waste management, erosion and sediment control
- Framing and structure – materials selection
- Building envelope – insulation, glazing, materials selection, embodied energy
- Water conservation
- Energy conservation
- Interior fit out – materials selection, embodied energy, indoor air quality
- Business strategy
As well as completing the training Master Builders only accredits builders as Master Builders Green Living Builders
once they have adopted sustainable innovations in their operations and signed a written commitment to;
- submit an annual report to MBA.
- the details and number of Master Builders Green Living projects completed using the checklists issued as part of the course,
- the amount of material recycled or diverted from landfill (submit reports obtained from waste disposal contractor or transfer/sorting facility),
- confine litter, sand, soil, screenings, concrete and chemicals to the building site,
Benefits for clients
- Clients will have access to builders who are recognized for their leadership in the delivery of high quality sustainable solutions.
- Clients will reap the personal and financial rewards of pursuing sustainable options that will make their home more comfortable and efficient.
Clients will have information available to them through the project and supporting initiatives like “Your Home” information so they can make an informed decision on the selection of design and construction features of their home as well as material selection, installation and maintenance options.